For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is Differentis Limited, Arden House, Kingston Vale, London, SW15 3RN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We are a Management Consultancy focussed on the provision of Information Technology advice and related services (our business). We collect some personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business (the data collected will depend on the role); "You" in the following has to be understood as referring to one or more of the groups listed below:
- Employees and Associates;
- Prospective employees and Associates;
- Prospective and actual clients;
- Visitors to our Web Site.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US OR WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personally-identifiable information when users register, request publications or other information, apply for jobs, and participate in user posting areas, or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. For recruiting purposes, the information collected may include any other personally-identifiable information that you include on your resume including links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate websites.
In addition, Differentis collects certain information that you do not visibly enter, such as your IP address, browsing pattern on the Site, click stream data, HTTP protocol elements, and the status of cookies placed on your computer by Differentis.
HOW MAY DIFFERENTIS USE MY PERSONALLY-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
Differentis uses your personally-identifiable information to fulfil your requests for information, to evaluate any job applications or other employment-related inquiries that you may submit, and for such other purposes as you may initiate or request. We may keep any of your personally-identifiable information on file and use it to contact you for recruiting purposes. Differentis may also uses personally-identifiable information to perform standard statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in our Site. Differentis uses personally-identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below.
HOW ARE COOKIES USED?
OUR LEGAL BASIS
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, although we will also rely on contract and legal obligation.
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into an agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
OTHER USES WE WILL MAKE OF YOUR DATA:
Use of our website - to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our communications with you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
REGISTRATION, NEWSLETTERS, AND ALERTS
By signing up for any of our newsletters or alerts, you agree to receive on occasion other correspondence from Differentis or its agents. This type of information may be shared externally but only in anonymous, aggregated form for generalized user analysis.
We ask for your e-mail address at registration. We will send e-mail to this address to confirm your registration, if you opt in to any of our newsletters or alerts, and if you request that we contact you for any other reason. If you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, you may on occasion receive other correspondence from Differentis. Your e-mail address will not be shared with any third party other than an agent who has agreed to send e-mails on our behalf.
WEB-SITE USAGE CONSENT
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share some employee personal information with clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in connection with any contract we enter into with them.
Selected third parties includes:
- payment and other financial service providers;
- credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractors for the purpose of assessing an associate’s suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with a client;
- Our banks, finance providers, insurance company and auditors for the purpose of meeting our legal obligations;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Differentis Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). Differentis Ltd will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our storage provider’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Although the secure transmission of information via the internet is not guaranteed we will do our best to protect your personal data, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Differentis has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized Differentis personnel and third party vendors are provided access to personally-identifiable information, and these employees and vendors are required to treat this information as confidential.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you are happy for us to do so.
We may archive part or all of your personal data or retain it on our financial systems only, deleting all or part of it from our main Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system. We will remove your data following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, and ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will collect express consent from you if required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to accept or prevent such processing by contacting us in writing or by telephone.
THE GDPR PROVIDES YOU WITH THE RIGHTS TO:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
- Make a complaint to a supervisory body which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act (and the GDPR once it is in force). A subject access request should be submitted to [email protected]
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]